Sunday, June 26, 2011

Book review assignment---Everything is Miscellaneous

Below is the link to my review of "Everything is Miscellaneous: The Power of the New Digital Disorder" by David Weinberger.  I enjoyed the book especially for its ability to enhance my knowledge of digital information and the advantages of Web 2.0 tools for the opportunity it gives all of us to contribute knowledge that may be relevant to information seekers throughout the world at any given time. 

I decided to try Voicethread for my presentation tool and am pleased with the final project.  Voicethread is an interactive platform that allows people to navigate and leave comments in 5 ways.  It is easy to share, users can doodle while commenting, and voicethreads can be embedded (as here) or exported to MP3 players or archival movies.  Since this is my 3rd attempt at a final production, I suggest that users view the Wiki attached to it (something I should have done but was unaware of)..it would have saved me valuable time and some frustation.  Here is the link for it:  Voicethread Wiki

http://voicethread.com/share/2129519/

1 comment:

  1. Loraine,
    An excellent presentation!! I may have to read this book, it sounds very interesting and fits into "social media" so well. I am not aware of voice thread but I will have to look into the concept. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete